Tuesday, July 30, 2013

My job... according to Thomas

Obviously, we have had a major, major change of routine in the last few weeks or so.  Although it has been about 2 years since I've been teaching, Thomas & Abby still vividly remember Choctaw and my classroom there.  Additionally, now that Thomas is in school, he has his own perspective as to what teachers and other school personnel do.  So with me now in a new school as an Assistant Principal, I thought I would ask Thomas what he thought I do at my new job.  Let's review what my job involves... according to Thomas:
  1. being bossy.
  2. helping whoever needs help - especially the lost kids in the halls.
  3. having your own office now.
  4. saying "hi" to everyone in the hallway.
  5. gets to eat whatever I want at lunch in the cafeteria.
  6. makes all the loud announcements on the speaker.
  7. helps clean up trash both inside and outside.
  8. has to shovel the sidewalks when it snows so all the kids can be safe.
  9. goes to meetings.
  10. probably talks a lot at those meetings.
  11. gets to check out more than one book at a time from the library.
  12. has to put the bad kids in time out or send them home.
And there you have it in a nut shell - what I do as an Assistant Principal according to Thomas.  My personal favorites are #4 and #11.  I love what my kids think, real or not.


No comments: