- Calling people liars - primarily Thomas. If someone (namely Abby) tells her version of the story or tells what she saw (and it differs from his) or even if Thomas doesn't agree with what she says, he blurts out "liar" as he throws his pointy finger her direction. It has taken a lot of patience & will power not to reach over on most days and yank his little finger off of his hand when he does this.
- Tattle tailing... both of them, but Abby is the worst. EVERY. SINGLE. LITTLE. THING. she is running upstairs or running back into the house to report that so&so did such&such to her. The icing on the cake is when she tattles that "he or she almost did X, Y, and Z to her!" Holy Mother of Messes. Abby takes the cake with this one.
- Pushing the "freedom limits" - namely where he can ride his bicycle to in our neighborhood. Give the boy some wheels and he's off. Almost immediately upon him learning how to ride this spring, I laid out the boundaries on where he could go. All of it is in ear shot and almost every bit of it is in eye sight of the house/kitchen window. But wouldn't you know, he wants to go further. Rightfully so because he has some friends in neighboring Cul-de-Sacs. But wouldn't you know, as soon as I said "yes" one time... he thinks that's an open door ticket to anywhere, or almost anywhere.
- Whining - surprise, surprise...Abby! I'm at a loss of words. It's everything. What we are eating for dinner, where we are going that morning, what clean clothes there are/aren't in the closet for her to wear, what her "choices" are and why she can't do what she wants to do at that very moment. OH, please give me strength to deal with a 3.5 year old who thinks she is 13. Speaking of teenagers, I'm pretty sure that Abby might drive me over the edge in less than 10 years when she is a teen.
- Sharing... or should I say a lack of sharing - that would be Marilyn. Yeap... Terrible Twos are in full effect, folks. It's ugly at times. Pair not-wanting-to-share with drop-to-the-floor tantrums and you've got yourself quite a mess. A hot mess.
Tuesday, June 18, 2013
What we are dealing with
Not sure if it's a summer time thing, a Daddy is TDY thing, a 6, 4, & 2-year old thing... or a combo of them all. But as of late, here's what we are dealing with in our house.