Saturday, June 15, 2013

Friday Night Leftovers (mostly pictures edition)

  • We are having seriously "perfect weather" and a heat wave here in Alaska.  Sunny skies, light breeze and temperatures in the upper 70s.  Craziness.  Matter of fact, early next week we are supposed to see Florida-like temps creeping into the mid-80s.  OMG... what am I going to do without AC?  We might be visiting the frozen food section of the grocery store or sitting in the car soaking up the AC, for sure!
  • The Nanny hunt is in full swing and interviews are lined up.  Matter of fact, I had the first one this morning.  Now I'm not nervous anymore & I actually feel like I know what I'm doing.
  • The 1/2 Marathon is in one week.  Things are not looking good at all. 
  • I had the insane idea this week to take all 3 kids (by myself, because Brian is TDY) to Toys R Us so that the birthday boy could spend some of his birthday money.  After 1 hour in the store, we hadn't even gotten past isle 5, we had made 2 "emergency" bathroom trips, Marilyn was walking around the store with a  poopy diaper, and there was 1 meltdown near the Dora toys by poopy-pants.  Someone tell me what the hell I was thinking doing this... and the kicker was it was close to dinner time so we were all starving.  And just so it's clear... every Heck child left the store with something in hand.  I'm not that mean. 
Trying out Thomas' new reading chair in the store
 Best Buds
 The unseasonably warm & sunny summer days has been perfect for picnic lunches and snacks outside with friends!
 Homemade Lemonade Pops
 I snuck some balloons into the birthday boy's room as a surprise!
 School & sports physical... waiting for the doctor!
 Getting a chance to see this face on the computer this week always puts a smile on my face!
 1st campfire marshmallow roast of the summer!
 Enjoying the S'Mores!
My "helpers" in the kitchen when I was baking Thomas' cake.
I'm pretty sure they were there for only one reason.
 Abby's the only person I know who can pile high the grapes (this is when she had eaten half already) and eat Every. Last. One. Of. Them!
 Princess Marilyn




No comments: