Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday Night Leftovers (time drags on edition)


  • Sometimes I wonder how I made it through two different 8-month long deployments with my kids?  Brian has only been gone 2 weeks and time has just dragged on.  The kids and I can not wait to have him home this time next week.
  • Now that Marilyn is 11 months old, I've started to introduce [whole] milk to her with anticipation of weaning her off of the Mama milk in the coming weeks.  HA!  She clearly is my child because she is lov'in this stuff.  Transition should be fairly easy. 
  • If I haven't mentioned this already (a gazillion times) - it is spring time in Alaska and it is awesome!  Lov'in having the windows open during the day, shorts in the afternoon and sunshine for 16 hours a day! :)
  • Thomas only has 3 weeks of preschool left and then I think he will be considered a... *gasp*... kindergartner!  OMG.
  • I'm convinced that Abby thinks she is the big sister.  She is bossy and thinks she knows best.
  • However, I love that Abby is always on the look out for the well being of Thomas & Marilyn.  She is like my extra set of eyes.
  • I forgot to mention that I saw my first bear the other day driving on base.  He was a small fellow.  Little black bear scampering (because that is what little bears do) back into the woods along side the road.  Once I pulled over, he was already deep into the woods and I couldn't get a picture fast enough.  I'm sure that won't be my last Kodak moment with the wildlife here.
  • When I was playing outside with the kids yesterday afternoon in the warm sun... it occurred to me that I am pale white.  I'm serious.  As white as a white girl can get.  I'm gonna need some serious sunscreen for a while.  Sadly, long gone is the Florida tan.
Have a great last weekend of April everyone!

1 comment:

Danifred said...

Kindergarten!!!! It happens way too fast.

I bet you guys are loving the outdoors after a long and cold winter.