Friday, June 3, 2011

Friday Night Leftovers

Hi Friday.
  • It is officially down-right HOT in the south now.  It's this time of year that I don't really care how high my power bill is just as long as my AC is kick'in.
  • I can't believe my little boy is going to be 4-years old in just over a week.  *sigh*
  • Nursing Marilyn has been easier than any of my other two children... does that mean it has taken me this long to be comfortable breastfeeding or does that mean Marilyn is just a quick learner?
  • Explaining what the double-electric breastpump is, how it works, and why I use it has gotten quite some funny remarks from Thomas AND Abbigail.
  • Recovery from my C-section (3rd one) and my Tubal Ligation has been easier and smoothier and quicker than expected.  I'm going to credit that to my husband handling just about everything, my body being able to mend it self quickly and the fact that my kids are still going to daycare/school and the days have been restful.  Amen to all of those things.
  • With all that recovery talk... I guess I should wait until next week when I have my followup OB appointment to think about exercise (power walking & running)?  I'm starting to get the itch though.  I even want new running shoes.
  • Lately, Thomas has been showing signs of  "Mr. Bad Attitude."  Consequently, he has had his attitude (and butt) checked at the door.
  • Additionally, Abbigail has had some serious meltdowns in the late afternoon/early evenings.  We think she is going through one of her growing phases... needs more sleep, needs more food... insists on gettign her way with everything!  Oh lordy.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Those growth spurt associated meltdowns are no fun. My 5 yr old has been having them lately.

If having a 4 yr old blows your mind, wait until your oldest finishes middle school. I still can't believe it.

This heat has been MISERABLE and I am so not ready for it.

Danifred said...

I'm glad your recovery is going well and the nursing is going smoothly. I'm sure that definitely helps when handling two big siblings along the way!