Thursday, February 18, 2010

It is genuine!

The love that my two little silly gooses have for each other is definately genuine. Thomas can't get enough of Abby. Wants to help always; wants to hug and kiss her; certainly wants to make her laugh. On the other hand, Abby wants to always be near him and watch him. Anything he does will illicit a smile (and now a very loud giggle and cackle). She has discovered she has a voice and loves to use it. It's almost like she is competing with someone else in the room for the attention and it is hilarious! I will try and get it on video this weekend...
To me this looks like they are two little old people hanging out on the loveseat telling funny stories. It's almost like they're in their own little world. Speaking of own world (and own language), the other morning on our drive into town Abby was not sleeping and was "talking". I was amusing her and talking back and asking her questions. Finally, Thomas chimed into our conversation and said something to her but it sounded a bit mumbled. I asked what Abby had said to him. His response was very matter-of-fact... "She is talking about animals." I thought "Really?" and then responded with, "Which animals was she telling you about, Thomas?" Without hesitation, he said "Lions, Elephants and Giraffes." ????????? was my initial thought. How did he just come up with that... do they have some secret language that I am completely unaware of? It really is so funny when he engages in her "talking"... I wish I understood.

No comments: