Thursday, February 11, 2010

Eat'in my words

How is this possible? Why do I even open my mouth? On Tuesday evening (after Abby's doctor's appt), I caught myself telling my mother-in-law that "I was so happy that Abby hasn't fell victim to any ear infections so far. Thomas was 6 months old when he got his first one. Thank goodness Abby is so healthy and we haven't had to worry about that."

Why did I have to say that? The very next day, she had a temperature (not a normal one... it stayed consistantly high most of the day between 101.5 and 103) and it was not from her shots. So, I picked her up from daycare early and we ended up spending about another 1.5 hours at the doctor on Wednesday. Low and behold... a small ear infection. See? Should have just kept my mouth shut. See what happens when you speak too soon. Sorry Abby. I'm eat'in my words now.

In other news, snow is forcasted tonight/tomorrow for the south... including the Panhandle of Florida along the Gulf Coast.
OK... so this isn't what our area looks like now (nor would it ever look like this)... but it is possible for us to see SOME snow flakes tonight and tomorrow. Accumulation might be a whooping 0.5-1.0 inch so WATCH OUT. The picture above was actually taken the other day from my in-laws house in Baltimore, MD... I think it is fair to say at this point that there is no room for any more snow up there. Cabin Fever has set in and they are definately feeling the effects of winter this year. As of tonight, a few surrounding school districts have already decided to close down for tomorrow (my northern friends in VA and MD are probably crack'in up at the fact that the Floridians are worried about flakes of snow on road) - our school district must be gambling big because they have decided that we will go to school in the morning and if necessary have an early release day. Huh? I guess we will see how things develop over night and in the AM. More to come on this...

No comments: