Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Go-Go Mode

Sometimes I envy friends of mine who live in town. When I say "town" I'm referring to Ft. Walton where I work. We live in the next county over and commute each way 35 minutes... if there isn't any traffic. So daily, the kids and I spend at least 70-80 minutes per day in the car. Whoa! Insane. Maybe that's part of the reason that I never feel like everything on my list gets done... I'm always in the dang car either trying to get to work or trying to get home at a reasonable hour. Our daily schedule looks like this:

4:00 am - my alarm goes off
4:10 am - I crawl out of bed & hit the shower
4:50 am - dressed & ready and now finish doing anything for the day at work
5:05 am - Thomas' alarm goes off
5:25 am - Wake up Abby
5:40 am - Loading up kids and gear for the day
5:50 am - Pulling out of the driveway
6:25 am - Dropping the kids off at daycare
6:40 am - Heading into school for the day
3:30 pm - Leave school to pick up kids
4:30 pm - Arrive home after a VERY long day & take Zig on a walk
5:00 pm - Play and also get dinner ready
6:00 pm - Start the bedtime routine
6:30 pm - Abby is fast asleep
7:15 pm - Thomas is fast asleep
**Breath a huge sigh**
7:30 pm - Skype with Brian, clean kitchen/dishes from dinner, clean up house/toys, pack lunch, prep coffee, and prep bottles; grade essays, do M.Ed homework, pay bills and possibly blog
10:00 pm - Fall into bed... usually it results in a coma-like sleep, but if I'm lucky there are sweet dreams of foo-foo drinks with umbrellas and my hubby sitting next to me while the kids are playing. The key thing in the dream is WE ARE TOGETHER.

I'm tired just reading that type of schedule - but I have plenty of friends (both single moms and wifes with deployed spouses) who have schedules that look twice as busy. I wonder how those rockstars handle it? Anyway... life is busy, but that is why I really slow down to enjoy time with Thomas and Abby on the weekends. Sometimes nothing gets accomplished and but the time I get with my munchkins is completely worth it.

No comments: