Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Whole Lot of Nothing...

... is what this last weekend was all about. In all truth, that is what the kids and I feel like doing on our weekends. We spend so much time in the car as well as getting up insanely early each weekday so it just feels right to sleep in a little (which means until about 6am), stay in our 'jammies most of the morning and just play throughout the day. Sure - are there errands to run and things that I know I should be taking care of? Of course. But I miss out on spending quality time with Thomas and Abby during the week that this just feels like the right thing to do most of the time.

Grannie and Grandpop brought over a surprise - brand new rain boots... that happened to be FIREMAN BOOTS! Thomas was so excited! Wouldn't you know though it hasn't rained at all since he got the boots. Figures, right?

Sunday morning, both of my munchkins hung out with me while I cleaned the bathroom and straightened up my room. We were jamming to some music and having a good old time. Abby was just cracking me up in her little popazan chair. I had to keep the belt on her so that she wouldn't jump on out. With Thomas bouncing all over the place - she needed to be in the chair or else she probably would have bounced right onto the floor.

Just keep'in sharp on his fishing skills while Daddy is gone. As soon as he is back, the gear will be loaded up and I'm sure Thomas will want to be on the boat with Daddy.
Abber-Dabs
Thomas really is very, very sweet with Abby. He loves to make her laugh, kiss her, and love on her.
Silly Goose
This is what gets me through the tough days... her smile is contagious and infectious!
Her drool, on the other hand, is messy and ends up on everything.


No comments: