Thursday, February 11, 2010

hair on fire

Beginning today - I'm quite positive that the rest of February will fly by. Not because there are so few days left or even because there is an anticipated event in early March - instead it is because I will be running around like my hair is on fire due to my busy schedule. If the "regular" days schedule wasn't packed full enough with things, this month has some added bonuses.

Today was the first offical day of practice for the Miss CHS Talent & Beauty Pageant that the Senior class hosts every year. Thes preparations, planning and practice will run almost straight through the last Friday of the month. Those of you who are utterly confused as to why Michelle is involved with putting on such an event... the answer is simple... it is a long standing tradition here in the deep south at Choctaw HS. No choice in matter. It has to be done. No questions asked. Just do it. Get' R done! Anyway - my class officers and me have to make ALL the arrangments for putting on this grandeoso event in the next two weeks. Most days I will not see my munchkins until about 6pm which is enough time to give hugs and kisses and tuck them in to bed. Speaking of some late nights... tonight I didn't get home until about 8pm because I had to attend the Annual Teacher of the Year (TOY) Banquet to honor all the TOYs in our county this year. As our school's TOY from last year, it was certainly nice to see a good friend of mine get the honor a year later. Thank goodness for my in-laws and my mom helping out on these crazy days.

Other events are far more social - a few gatherings with my girlfriends and the kids on the occasional Saturday night. A few doctors appointments and of course THE Talent & Pageant nights (which will keep me at school until about 10pm or 11pm). Agguuuhhhhhhhhh! Got to look at the silver lining though... February should be over soon and we will be into the month of March in no time, right? One more month down and closer to Brian coming home. It is quite possible though that several new gray hairs will emerge by the month's end. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: