Wednesday, April 30, 2014

My blog observations

  • when I blog, I feel like I'm releasing all the craziness in my head.
  • when I blog, I know each story or set of pictures is now permanently published and I can always refer back and smile (or cry or laugh, or whatever).
  • when I blog, it relaxes me.
  • when I take a break from blogging (intentionally or because my crazy life trumps everything else), I find myself more focused on my family & my priorities.
  • when I take a break from blogging, it relaxes me too.
  • I have captured 1000s of memories of my family in the last 7 years.
  • I'm getting closer and closer to publishing the blog into Volume 1 of 3 books which will be appropriately named, Thomas - The 1st 5 years
  • People who read my blog tend to fall into one of three categories: 1) loyal readers who check in regularly, 2) every so often spot checkers, or 3) totally randoms who just happened upon HeckLures' Northern Adventures
  • when I don't blog regularly, like recently, I will inevitably hear about it from someone.  Usually it is a family member.
  • when I DO blog regularly, I hardly hear from people (phone calls, text messages, emails, Facebook, snail mail, etc).  That also includes family members. 
  • I hate to think about the time that will eventually come when I no longer blog about my young children (who are growing bigger & older as I type) and all of our adventures.

No comments: