Saturday, October 26, 2013

Friday Night Leftovers (the planning has begun edition)

TGIF All!
  • I can say with almost certainty that this will be the last snowless weekend we have this year.  Snow and cold are in the forecast... for the next 6 months.
  • We are mid-season for basketball and we continue to be in awe of how much Thomas has excelled this year with his skills.
  • We are still waiting for the official email announcing Brian's retirement date for summer 2014 (the waiting has been a bit frustrating, as well as finding out more about how this whole process works); meanwhile, we have already begun the travel planning for our return home to Florida. 
  • Speaking of planning, it feels crazy that we are to that point AGAIN.  Where has the time gone?  Wasn't I just pregnant with Marilyn and thinking about how we were going to drive 5,000 miles with a 4, 2, and newborn baby over the course of two weeks?
  • Have I mentioned that I am an excellent sleeper?  So much so that my husband makes fun of me every time I sit down on the couch (even with the kids) and knows that I will close my eyes and bit drifting in dreamland.
  • I think, I said "think" I'm ready to tackle my last winter here in Alaska.

No comments: