Friday, October 18, 2013

Friday Night Leftovers (I'm the Middle Kid edition)


  • I have no idea what the conversation was about with the kids the other day, but Abby busted out with "Because I'm the Middle Kid - that's why!"  Apparently that was good enough for them.
  • Marilyn is already in size 3T clothes.  If she doesn't watch it, she's gonna earn the nickname Big Bertha.
  • It's been unseasonably warm this month (high in the 50s) and we have no snow yet.  However, I'm quite sure that that will change sometime before Halloween and winter will be here for the next 6 months.
  • We are experiencing a LOT more darkness already with only 9 hours and 40 minutes of daylight.  The sun isn't rising above the mountains until almost 9 AM and it's setting at 6:30 PM.
  • Marilyn has been sleeping in her toddler bed (crib converted) for about 5 months now with absolutely no issues.  I'm so ready to get rid of all of her baby furniture including the rocker.  The problem is were not really thrilled with the furniture stores here and very well might wait until our move back to Florida this upcoming summer.  I hope she and I can hold on that long?
  • It's so weird to listen to Brian talk about putting together his resume.  Since he was 17 years old and for the last 22 years, he just hasn't needed to have one.  Oh how things are changing.
  • Although I don't know how I would make it work (just yet), I'm wondering if I need to start researching real gymnastic gyms in town for Abby.  She has moved up 3 class-levels (by her instructor) to continue to challenge her.  She loves it and it is so clear to everyone that she is really good.
  • When Brian scored a serious deal on the trampoline this summer, it didn't occur to me that it was one of the best things we could do for Abby's love of gymnastics.  We are already thinking about a large one for the backyard in Florida.

No comments: