Monday, December 31, 2012

Goodbye 2012, Hello 2013


Another year gone, another year here.
I realize that everyone says this, but really... where does the time go?
365 days just fly by.
How am I supposed to keep my kiddos young, relish the time I have with them where everyone is still innocent & sweet when 12 months is over just as soon as it begins? 
*sigh*
I did not authorize this to happen.

Looking back, 2012 year was a milestone year for sure.  With our newborn growing by leaps & bounds and becoming a toddler, our middle princess turning an enormous corner with her speech & beginning a new communication preschool class that she loves, and finally, our new kindergartner who has begun to read & do arithmetic while also enjoying basketball & soccer.  They are each growing up so fast... while Brian and I are trying not to forget a moment of it all.
 
2013 is sure to hold some new adventures & milestones for all of us.  Although a great deal of uncertainty is in the immediate future for us with the Air Force - whether to retire or continue the journey - we are certain that whatever happens & whatever decisions we make will be the right ones for our family.  Some times those kind of decisions & changes are scary and stressful, but there is always light at the end of the tunnel with all new adventures on the other side.  So, time will tell us soon.  Meanwhile, we are anxious to watch Thomas, Abbigail and Marilyn continue to grow, explore & learn while we take advantage of what Alaska has to offer and while I am still a stay-at-home mom! 
 
I've never really been a fan of "resolutions".  Instead, I prefer to set goals. 
So for 2013, I have a few goals that I want to focus on and aim towards:
  1. Run races this year.  More specially a 5K, 10K and 1/2 marathon.  Yeap... I'm putting it out there in writing... I'm running a 1/2 marathon this year.
  2. Listen more attentively to each of my children and husband and talk (and yell) less.
  3. Make time each day that's my own - be it a hot shower, a drive alone, reading a book or even blogging (*gasp*) during nap time.

Happy New, friends & loved ones!
 

No comments: