Friday, December 21, 2012

Friday Night Leftovers (the Winter Solstice Edition)

  • Today is the shortest day in the northern hemisphere.  Thank god we are on the up swing now, peeps!  We have reached the turning point of winter.  Today, we will have 5 hours and 27 minutes of daylight.  Amen to more daylight from here on out until summer!
  • On a different note, I woke up today.  Apparently, it's not the end of the world.  All speculators need to hush up now.
  • I'm ready to enjoy Christmas with my hubby & kids without all of the hoopla... I just want Christmas music, Christmas movies, yummy baked treats, and seeing their eyes light up on Christmas morning.
  • Today is the opening day for our ski resort on base... I'm hoping we can do some skiing and tubing with the kids this winter.  Especially tubing.
  • Marilyn is becoming very vocal, an instigator, and has learned how to get her way with Thomas & Abbigail... even if that means by force.  And I would be lying if I said that Brian and I haven't giggled & snickered a few times on the sidelines.
  • I think this weekend will be spent Christmas shopping...doing almost all of it...online!        Don't judge me.


No comments: