Friday, December 14, 2012

Friday Night Leftovers (confessions edition)


TGIF peeps.
  • I don't mind shoveling snow.  To me, its very similar to folding laundry... therapeutic.  Or as my shoveling partner/neighbor says, "snow doesn't talk back when you tell it where to go!"  I couldn't agree more.
  • On that same note though, I'm not upset that Brian will now be home this weekend to help with all the snow.
  • I haven't gotten a new pair of slippers in years.  Mine are pathetically worn out.  They have more miles on them than my 2009 VW.  And yet, I like them.  They are me.
  • On that same note though, I'm really picky.  I think I've gotten a few pairs of slippers as gifts in the past few years but they were uncomfortable, stiff and not me.  To me, slippers have to feel like your favorite 'jammies.
  • I haven't started my Christmas shopping yet.  Yep... I'm that person.
  • On that same note though, I have already mailed out our Christmas cards and had our 2013 calendars made for our loved ones.  Surely that counts for something.
  • My feet are in serious distress - I haven't had a mani/pedi since I left Florida.
  • I have a {small} list of to-dos for Brian to tackle when he returns home.  Most of the items are things that I have broken, bent, torn or slightly destroyed.  I'll let him unpack, get comfortable & acclimated to the freezing cold before I spring it on him.
  • Yesterday, my mother-in-law just sent a box of yummy xmas treats, one of which is my all time favorite... PB fudge.  Let's just say that half the container is gone.  Oops.


No comments: