Monday, December 3, 2012

Photo Weekend Recap

I have no idea how we did as much as we did this weekend.
 
It started with a Friday Movie & Popcorn Night at Thomas school... with PJs, blankets & pillows to top it off!  By the time the movie started, it was a full house of all military families!
Saturday morning started early, as we were part of the set-up crew for the Children's Christmas Party for Brian's Squadron/Group.  The kids had a blast seeing all the behind the scenes action, but they couldn't wait for the real party that started shortly after lunchtime.
 Look who arrived at the party compliments of the JBER Fire Department and made their grand entrance in front of a very excited group of munchkins...
 If you recall from 2 weeks ago (here), I had a very disappointed boy who didn't get to see Santa one evening.  Look at how he takes matters into his own hands and makes darn sure that he not only sees the Big Man in Red & Mrs. Claus, but makes sure that he gives some love also!
 I don't think "excited" is the right word?  That would be an understatement.
 
It's no surprise with all the late nights I've been pulling that I literally passed out moments after putting everyone to bed on Saturday Night.  I'm pretty sure that was at 7:30, maybe 7:45 at best.  I guess all my long days & late nights finally caught up with me.  But it sure did feel great to get a long nights sleep and wake up refreshed.
 
On a side note:
I hadn't opened Brian's side of the closet since he left in Mid-October until this weekend.
This is what I found staring back at me.
I paused for a second or two and just took it in.
I had to remind myself that we are less than 2 weeks from the end.
 I had made up my mind a few weeks back that we would just wait for Brian to get home to decorate for Christmas.  I'm not really sure why I thought that was a good idea given that I have 3 kiddos who very much WANT Christmas to be here and I had no holiday decor up at all. 
So, with temperatures barely making it above zero degrees today, this is what we busied ourselves with.  We listened to Christmas music all day while we decorated to our hearts were content.
In the end, the kids are even more anxious about the holidays AND (bonus here), Brian can come home to a fully decorated house & will not have to worry about this on his to-do list.
He will just get to enjoy being home with us.
Finally, during nap/quiet time today... I baked up 8 dozen cookies for the basewide Annual Cookie Drop for the unaccompanied Airmen who live in the dorms (which just happen to be all of Brian's dorms).  Drop off will be tomorrow and then all the First Sergeants will deliver these yummy treats on Wednesday to give our young Airmen a taste of home for the holidays!

 Busy, Busy weekend.
And now to head to bed and start another week all over again!



No comments: