Thursday, February 9, 2012

Snow Hike

If you recalled, last Friday we got a crazy snow storm that left us with approximately 14" of new snow.  I tried to be diligent and keep up with the shoveling - before we left the house that day, upon our returns back home, and during nap time.  However, I just didn't bother to shovel around Brian's truck.  My thinking was it wasn't being used since he is gone and my efforts needed to be on my side of the driveway so I can get in and out easily.  That is until I got a citation warning the other day from our Housing Authorities explaining that I needed to shovel the driveway clear of snow/ice per the Tenant handbook.  Crap!  To me, getting a warning was like getting a speeding ticket.  I hate those damn things.  Needless to say, I got busy at naptime on Tuesday and got the truck all shoveled out.


I felt like cabin fever was starting to set in the other day so I decided we all needed to go on a snow hike around the neighborhood.  As per usual, Thomas was up for it and was decked out in full snow gear.  He was ready to climb up, roll in, and throw snow to the cows came home.



 And as her usual self, Abby started out excited for the hike; she even decided it was necessary to bring a flashlight.  However, she was completely resistant to putting on her snow gear or snow gloves.  I guess she was going to take the safe route and only stay on the sidewalk.  Figures.
 Marilyn got to ride in a kangaroo-like pouch that I rigged up so she could have a front row seat to everything.  Actually, I just stuck her in our Baby Bijourn and wrapped one of Daddy's jackets around us both for a little extra warmth.  She did look cute and certainly got some looks from passerbyers.


 Snow machine tracks
FYI... they are only called "snowmobiles" in the lower 48.  I don't know why, it is just that way.
 In her usual 2-year old fashion, Abby got upset and shed plenty of tears when she got snow on her gloves (gasp!) and wanted to go home.  OHHHHH, my poor princess!
 Taking a break


It was a pretty day and a good hike.
And as a added bonus, we all got some much needed sunshine and some natural vitamin D.

No comments: