Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday Night Leftovers (the NUKS, more snow & words edition)

TGIF Peeps.  Hope it turns out to be a good weekend for all!
  • Marilyn is a little stinker... she has learned how to throw her NUK (aka: pacifier) out of the crib.  She then follows that slick move with letting out squeals of delight with hopes that someone (aka: Mommy) will open the door, see her gummy smile and pick it up for her.  She does this quite often.  Unfortunately for me, I have fallen victim to this sneaky move too many times.
  • Abby has had a really good last two weeks of speech... she has been able to put together a few different sounds to elicit a few recognizable words like - snow, down, pop, hop to name a couple.
  • Lately, Thomas seems to be word crazy.  By that I mean, he wants to know how to spell everything.  Some big words.  Some small words (not the sight words he already knows).  In order to keep up with all that he wants to know, I've been asking him first what letter the word begins with.  From there we usually do some sounding out of the rest of the word (a little phonics for ya).  He really is enjoying words and spelling which certainly will make any parent (and educator) thrilled and hopefully that he will enjoy reading.  I know those days are not far away.  And here's Mommy's way of sneaking in a little more "letters & words" fun.  All of a sudden, snacktime is lasting a bit longer because of all the learning going on...
  • It has snowed a ton today - about 8" and it is only mid-afternoon.  I don't like to brag but my butt had to do all the shoveling and most likely will have to do much more after the kids go to bed tonight (see picture below).  One more reason I love my husband and am missing him being here. 
  • Speaking of Brian... I was a bit jealous as he was packing his suitcases the other night with short sleeve shirts, shorts, and his flip-flops (along with his uniform).  85 degree weather is sure sounding pretty good right now.  Well... not sure if being in a 3rd world country makes up for it though.  That's just one more reason that he makes me so proud serving our nation and helping others in the world live a better life.
  • The other night Thomas asked if God lived in Alaska.  I love that kid.  He just cracks me up!

No comments: