Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday Night Leftovers

Sorry about the lack of blogs this week.  It just seemed to race by with Daddy returning home from an overseas trip, Valentine's Day with the 4 loves of my life, and being in the final week of yet another class for my M.Ed... well, what can I say... the week just came & went.  Apologies again.
  • Biggest news on our home front is Marilyn - she is a chang'in every day.  Her first tooth is pushing through.  In the back of my mind, I'm already contimplating how this is going to effect me breastfeeding.  Scared?  Possibly.  I also found her standing up in her crib this morning when she called out in her delightful squeels to let me know she was awake & ready to start the day.  Although adorably cute, it was a little horrifying in a small way too.
  • Abby is rock'in the potty training.  I almost feel like I don't do anything anymore because she does it all.  She tells us when she has to go (although when leaving the house & returning, we go directly to the potty), she can pull her pants & undies up & down by herself, and wipe all by herself.  She needs a little help with hand washing but that is to be expected.  I am soooooooo super proud of her.  There is no doubt that she picked this up MUCH faster than her brother.
  • On Valentine's Day morning, Brian joked with Thomas about getting a kiss from a girl in his class possibly.  Thomas, with the most serious of serious faces, told us that there was NO kissing at school.  Period. :)
  • Speaking of Valentine's Day, Thomas enjoyed his party at school while my hubby, the girls and I enjoyed a lunch out to celebrate.  That night we endulged in chocolate to celebrate our love for each other.  I probably did the most endulging.
  • As one class ended this week, another one just began.  Sometimes I wonder if I'm half crazy for going back to school and getting a 2nd Masters Degree?  But I remind that the end is near. 
  • I feel like there is so much going on here in the Heck household but I hardly have the time to keep up with blogging about it.  I'm hoping there is a slow down period in the immediate future so I can share some stories & pictures to give all the readers a chuckle and to fill you in.

No comments: