Sunday, February 12, 2012

"Love" Day cards

Sometime this past week, the kids and I finally got around to making (yes, homemade) Valentine's Day cards for the kids in Thomas' class.  As I've said before, I really do not like those cheap little ones that you separate by the perforated lines and then shove into white envelopes.  So, I figured since I'm a stay-at-home mom this year (and I sit around doing nothing while eating Bon-Bons all the time) that I would just make homemade ones instead.  HA!  Double HA!  I'm not the least bit creative.  However, I figured we would just go small this year.  Keep it simple, right?  Well, thanks to a care package from Grannie filled with little V-day craft supplies, I was motivated and energized to do this.  Of course the kids were all willing... even Abby jumped at the chance to glue, glue, glue things together!

Here is my awesome assembly crew.  I had the hearts already cut out before we began.  I think Abby used every glue stick in the container (just because she could), meanwhile Thomas was methodical about pasting all parts of the heart down to the paper.
 Yes, Abby is wearing a Halloween shirt.
She could care less what season or holiday it is... if she likes the shirt, she is wearing it.  And in her eyes, everything goes with pink pants.
 When my assembly crew was done with the first part of the Valentine's Day cards, I set out some stickers (dinos and hearts) and gave them the "scrap" heart papers to decorate for cards that will (hopefully) be mailed soon to loved ones.

 Marilyn is the only one sporting some festive gear!
 Here is Thomas putting the finishing touches on the V-day cards.
For the finishing touches,
I had him write his name below the word "from" and then I scanned it in the computer.
 After cropping it down, I pasted his "signature" onto address label stickers and printed them.
 Now, all of his V-day cards to his friends at school will have his signature.  I personally thought it was a cute touch.  Then all I have to do this weekend is write each friend's name in at the top of each heart card.
 And then the final prep for the Valentine's Day party will be to make these yummy marshmallow treats! 

No comments: