Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday Night Leftovers (the ear infection edition)

Hey Friday... there is something about you that never gets old. 
  • My 3 little kiddos have been battling coughs, runny noses, watery eyes and fevers for a few days now.  They all seem to be at varying degrees of sick.  Nothing seems to really be working so we are heading to the doctors this morning with hopes of some prescription relief.  Doctor update... Abby has a double ear infection.  Bring on the meds!
  • The kids & I enjoyed our first playdate + dinner yesterday with a new friend.  Hope there are more of those to come.
  • Anchorage weather has been warm this week... in the high 20s and mid 30s... and I've only been wearing a light fleece jacket.  Crazy.
  • With the "warmer" weather comes melting snow = lots of ice.  EVERYWHERE.  After I put the kiddos on the car this morning while it was parked inside the garage, I pulled out and then walked around the car to buckle Abby in.  As I was rounding the back, I completely did a "feet slip out from under me" move and BIT it big time.  Ouch was an understatement!  Thank goodness we get free IceMelt because we live in base housing.  Needless to say I've been using it like there is no tomorrow.
  • More than excited and looking forward to Brian coming home later this weekend.  I miss my best friend.
  • Speaking of - whether it is an 8-month deployment or a barely 2-week trip, it is exhausting and tiresome to say the least riding this train solo. 
  • I'm pooped.  I do believe I'm going to go lay down for a nap as soon as I publish this post.  That is a rarity for sure.  The millions of things that should/could/have to get done will just have to wait.

No comments: