Friday, August 12, 2011

Friday Night Leftovers (We are back version!)


So now that we are here in our new "home," FNL can get back on track!
  • Can I just say beautiful?  Mountains.  Clean air.  Space.  Wildlife.  Temperatures... very cool in the morning and up to 70 in the afternoon.  Nice.
  • I hope I will be thinking the same thoughts when snow starts falling in just 2 months.
  • We are packing our bags for the final time today and moving out of lodging and into our new house.  Yeah!
  • Still only a 1-car family, but word on the street is that my car could be here as early as next week.  Double Yeah!
  • Thomas begins preschool in just two weeks and I am thrilled!  Another Yeah!  I"m sure in the coming weeks I will have much to say about this topic, especially since we left behind in Florida the most loving and caring teachers that Thomas & Abby had and that any parent could only dream of and now I don't know at all what kind of program & teachers he will have here.  Lots of emotions about this.
  • Marilyn is drooling like a broken faucet.  Bibs are now in full use.  My baby girl is growing like there is no tomorrow.  Did my other two grow this fast?
  • Abby is loving the stairs here and is pretty much mastered them.  Oh lord help us.
  • Brian is busy in-processing into base and his new squadron.  Although he isn't that busy because he has already started lining up fishing trips, reading hunting regulations and requirements and has signed up for an ATV course on base that is required.  Apparently his priorities are straight.
  • Me?  I'm just busy with 3 kids.  When the smoke clears I will get busy with decorating a new house,  sending out resume packages to the area high school principals for a possible job at semester time or next school year, and then will start my next M.Ed class in October.  Meanwhile, I will taking on my new job this year as a new SAHM.  SAHM = Stay at home mom. 
TGIF everyone.  Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

Danifred said...

So happy you guys are settling in! I can't wait to see and hear more.