Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My initial "likes"

After being here in Anchorage & Elmendorf AFB for less than 2 weeks and in our new home for only a few days, there are certainly many things that I have already decided whole-heartedly that I really, really like:
  • There are playgrounds everywhere; three of them are just in our neighborhood alone.  Each time we get in the car to go anywhere, we find at least several more that we want to stop and play at.  Matter of fact, yesterday I just pulled the car over, unloaded the kids and we played on a new one.  I.  LOVE.  THIS!
  • We live within a mile of the commissary & BX (which is like having a Walmart); we live within a mile of a new Target, Kohls, Best Buy, Lowe's, Sports Authority, and IMAX 16 theater.  I love this.  Have I mentioned this could be dangerous.
  • We live within 1/2 mile of the hospital... it is brand new, state of the art facility.  I'm hopeful the medical care is just as fantastic. 
  • Brian works only about 4 miles away = we get to see him much more including lunchtime.
  • There are sidewalks and running/walking paths everywhere.  I've already gotten myself on a nightly running routine using them.   Have I mentioned that I run at 9pm and the sun is still high up in the sky?
  • I can tell we will be saving a tremendous amount of money on gas... as mentioned above... No Commuting!
  • There are kids everywhere.  Granted we live in a 4-bedroom housing area...which means that based on rank and the number of dependents you have... well you get it... there are kids everywhere.
  • The moutains are right here and they are gorgeous to look at!
  • The amount of things that we can do for entertainment, exploration, educational and just plain for fun!  Matter of fact, I'm working on our Alaska Bucket List (which will be mostly things we can do with the kids)... look for that soon.

1 comment:

Danifred said...

Everything sounds wonderful. I am so happy for you guys!