Saturday, August 27, 2011

Friday Night Leftovers (It's Maddness People Edition)

Hey Friday.  I'll be honest, you look no different from all the other days.  I'm sorry to admit that but it must be because everyday is the same... unpack more boxes & try and get organized.  Hopefully I will appreciate you in the near future when all is "normal" again.  Until then, here are my FNL thoughts:
  • I'm sick of little colored numbered stickers on everything.  They are like scabs... I just have to pick them off.
  • Last night, Thomas & Abbigail showed total team effort - they snuck around downstairs together gathering toys from different locations and bringing them into Thomas' room to play well after it was bedtime.  This went on and on despite numerous warnings.  Both continued to disobey.  The night finally ended with toys taken out of both of their rooms and lots of tears.  I do have to give them an "A+" for team work though even though I was utterly frustrated at both of them.  Score one for the kids.
  • Tonight was an entirely different story.  Mommy & Daddy were smart and took the troops on an exploration walk tonight after dinner.  They came home exhausted.  They barely made it through their bath tubby.  They were fast asleep before their heads even hit the pillows.  Score one for the parents.
  • Thomas is eating like a truck driver lately - it must be another growth spurt.
  • One minute Abbigail is sweet, cuddly and lovey; the next minute she is defiant, vicious-looking and screaming towards someone.  I guess that is her Mr. Jeckle & Mr. Hide personality.
  • Hoping Monday ends up being a smooth 1st day at a new preschool for Thomas.  Not really sure how he feels about going back to school, but I know I'm pretty apprehensive and nervous.
  • We are hoping to hit the biggest think up here in these parts this time of year this weekend... the Alaska State Fair! 
  • I know it has already only been a week, but I want my house in order.  I hate 1/2 or even 3/4 done.  It drives me crazy that some things are still in a box (of course in the middle of the living room) because where its supposed to go is already occupied by other stuff waiting to go in its spot.  Make sense?  I just want ORDER people!!!!!!
  • Especially the play room/TV room/office space area downstairs.  It's just madness. And because there is no order, the kids think there is no "clean up" that has to be done.  Once again... madness.
  • Have I mentioned that we think it is just gorgeous here?  I can't imagine how beautiful it will look when there is white snow everywhere.

1 comment:

Danifred said...

I bet you are SO ready to get settled. With all the travel thrown in I'm sure it makes for a long haul. Hope preschool goes wonderfully on Monday!