Saturday, August 6, 2011

Alaska or Bust - Day 16, the last day!

We made it.
We are here.
We are all in one piece.
We are now "home."
Day 16 = 328 miles
Total Trip from Florida to Alaska = 4,722 miles

Words that come to mind that describe this adventure:
Exhausting... because of the miles
Amazing... because of the things we saw
Family... because it was just the 5 of us
Eye-opening... because of the things I learned & experienced
Long... because 16 days traveling + little kids just is
Bonding... because I think the kids got closer & so did Brian and I
Surprising... because my husband drove the entire way!
Beautiful... because all of the landscape of the US & Canada is so very much
Memorible... because I don't know if I will ever get to do it all again with my entire family
Challenging... because 3 kids will definately test your nerves, strength, willpower, & patience
Team work... because Brian & I depended on each other as well as the kids
Grateful... because Brian's job (AF) gave us this opportunity
Thankful... because I got to experience this trip with my hubby & kids together. Over the last 4 years, our family has missed out on so much due to deployments and TDYs; this was the beginning of our next adventure together!


No comments: