Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday Night Leftovers (D-day edition)

Hi Folks.  It's Friday.  It's also D-day... Delivery day.
  • Delivery truck should be here this morning with all of our stuff.  Can not wait to sleep in my king size bed tonight and sit on my own sofa.
  • Things are going to be crazy with the kids here.  I know Thomas will be excited with the truck and all the delivery guys here but I'm quite sure that Abby will be standoff'ish and probably hiding from all of the strangers in our house.  I just hope none of them get run over by a push cart or the big boxes in motion.
  • Got my car back earlier this week.  Amen.  I felt like a free woman.  Brian also felt like a free man.
  • We are officially Alaskan residents... new drivers licenses & those obnoxious-orange-colored license plates.
  • Just found out something remarkable this week while shopping... there is no sales tax here in Alaska.  None.  Zilch.  Zero.  Holy Crap!  Why didn't I move up here a long time ago? 
  • Thomas is so ready to go back to school.  Or maybe it's Mommy thinking he is ready and SHOULD be back in school.  All I know is he needs to be back with little boys his age so he can run, rough house, be silly, be crazy, talk, laugh, build and just play with.  I don't think that Abby and me do him justice all the time.  Less than 2 weeks.  Hold on.
  • Abby is just plain sassy and sweet mixed together.  Some days there is more of one than the other.
  • Marilyn has been pulling several 9-10 hour sleep nights.  Not too bad for an almost-3-month old.  Mommy loves those nights.
  • On a final note, I submitted my teaching application to the school district here.  I even applied for an opening although details were vague on teaching assignment and location.  Time will tell.  Secretly I am starting to get comfortable with the whole SAHM thing for the next several months, but professionally I know that I want to be teaching again because I love that too (just like being home with my kids).  Financially, well... being a 2-income family has always been a good thing.  I guess we will see.
Have a great weekend.  We will be digging our way out of boxes and packing paper and finding organization to our lives again.  Tootles!

1 comment:

Danifred said...

So glad everything has arrived, including your car.
I love working part time and would happy become a SAHM if I could :)