Monday, August 29, 2011

First Day of Pre-K

 He seemed calm, cool and collected this morning.  He might as well have told me, "Nothing do'in Mom!"  Thomas really just wanted to get there and meet his teachers and meet some new friends (that's my social butterfly).  He was all ready to go with his new Thomas the Train backpack.
 I wish I knew what Abbigail really thought of us bringing Thomas to school  and then the girls leaving him there.  However, us girls had a good morning running errands and then playing , but it was nice to go and pick him up at lunchtime and head home together.
I didn't get much out of him today about school except that he had a great time on the playground and they had milk and animal cookies for snack.  He did tell me that he likes the fact that one of his teachers has the same name as me (Ms. Michelle). 

Although a bit fidgety going down for a nap today, Thomas finally fell victim to sleep and dozed off.  However, I have found recently that I need to wake him them up by a certain time or it messes their bedtime routine.  Soooooooooooooo, Marilyn and I came downstairs flipped on all the lights.  This is what we found in each of the kids' beds:

... and then proceeded to sing loudly our wake-up song.  "It's time to wake up, wake up, wake up; It's time to wake up, wake up NOW!"
Needless to say, Thomas was mad but eventually got over it once we started to play and had our snack.  Abbigail, on the other hand, sat up and looked at me like I was crazy.  Once she saw Marilyn and I dancing around, she quickly joined the dance and was glad she was up and moving.

1 comment:

Lexi said...

or you could say what ms kay says,"Rise and shine my chick-a- dees" haha