Saturday, August 9, 2008

Big Heck Changes!

It has been a big week in the Heck household - we have finally said goodbye to two major "crutches" that my two boys have been dependant on... the doggy kennel and the bedtime bottle. As you can see, Thomas was extremely interested in us taking apart Ziggy's kennel. Ziggy on the other hand had no idea why his kennel was out on the backlawn. In the last few months, we have left Ziggy unsupervised and out from under lock & key (his kennel) and he has done great. There really is no need for it any longer. Besides - my master bedroom now has more room for "mommy & daddy" things.

Last night, I went out on a whim and decided that this would be the night we go to bed without a bottle - only a sippy cup of milk. Thomas did much better than I thought. We changed the routine just a little tonight and it worked even better. About 15-20 minutes before bedtime or bathtime, we bring the sippy cup of milk into his room and drink as we are reading stories. By the time we have walked around and said goodnight to all of the "Daddy pictures" and sit down in the rocker for some snuggles, he has drank most of it and is OK with laying down for the night. AMEN to the bottle gods!!!!! What was I thinking making two major changes like this in a matter of days? I guess I'm crazy.


No comments: