Sunday, August 10, 2008

Is summer over already?

No pictures this time - only a "mommy blog" entry. Is summer really over already? I actually can not believe how quickly 8 weeks goes by when you are busy with a 1 year old toddler. When summer vacation first began back in early June, part of me dreaded the long weeks ahead because of Brian's absence with his deployment. I told myself, "Michelle, you need to make sure you and Thomas have a daily routine and stay busy - if not, this summer is going to creep by and it will seem like Brian will never be coming home." Well... I guess we stayed busy - the stink'in summer flew by. Now it is a little bitter sweet because tomorrow morning I will be getting up at "O-Dark-Hundred" (as they say in the military world). Aauuuuggggghhhhh! Which also means I have to wake my sleeping beauty little boy and shuffle him into the car for the 30 minute drive into work. On the other hand, I know with school starting (next Monday the students come back) I will be so busy with work and Thomas that the remaining 60+ days will fly by. Before I know it, the first grading period of the school year will be over and Brian will be back home safe! We already have a get away trip planned for Key West in mid-November (just Brian & me) and I can't wait - the beach & ocean, great food & drinks, and the best company in the whole world - Brian. The count down is on...

No comments: