Sunday, August 17, 2008

Back to School

No pictures - just a Mommy Blog: Well, it is over - summer came and went! I'm not sure where the weeks went, but we are starting a new school year tomorrow morning and there is no turning back. I've got 9th and 12th graders this year so that maturity difference should certainly keep me on my toes each and every day. I've inherited a new course that I'm teaching this year - History of the Americas - in addition to AP World History. You'd think that I would try and make things easier on myself by sticking with what already works well for me, but apparently I've lost my mind yet again this year. In addition to that, I've joined forces with my good friend Kendra to co-sponsor the Junior class (c/o 2010)! Yes, we are crazy. This year the big item on our agenda is paying for and sponsoring Prom... auughhhhh! It's almost like planning a wedding - thank goodness Kendra is amazing and already has a huge grasp on this overwhelming task. What I keep thinking about is having to chaperone both HomeComing and now Prom... I hate being the dance police. I guess I better just suck it up - do you think Brian will be my date to Prom this year and help me??????????

No comments: