Friday, July 25, 2014

A little catch up

What a week this has been since arriving home last week.
We pulled in late last Thursday night after an exhausting longest-drive-day-of-the-entire-road trip.
To greet us with hugs and kisses was my in-laws. We walked into our house to find it fully stocked with food, pots & pans, beds, linens, kitchen table & chairs along with toys for the kids.  Insane. Words can not explain how grateful all 5 of us are.

The following day we offloaded the truck, I headed down the school district's main office to sign all of my employment paperwork and become official while the kids & Brian headed out to swim at Grannie & Pops.  That evening my sister & brother-in-law came into town to see us and we met up with them & my mom for dinner.  Can you tell that being back in Florida is completely different? We are surrounded by family & a certain kind of love that we have missed for 3 years.

That weekend we spent time just swimming and relaxing at both my mom's and in-laws houses. 
Simply put, there were constant smiles on the kids' faces & we soaked in the sun & fun.



Monday morning (just 4 days after arriving home), I headed into school for my first day. 
This is what I pulled into:
I have been welcomed with huge smiles, warm hugs and such positive energy all week long - it's just unbelievable.  To return home to a school that I have spent my entire teaching career (despite having to PCS 2 times overseas due to Brian's military career) is a blessing for sure.  I'm absolutely looking forward to a fantastic year and this first week was just a small taste of everything I look forward to.
With just 2 weeks left before teachers return back for pre-planning and 3 weeks until our students start another year, there is much to do!
 
While I have been busy at work, the kids & Brian have been playing, swimming, buying our fishing boat, prepping the house for the moving truck to arrive in just a few days, & visiting Grannie/Pop & Nana in their spare time.
 
These next two weeks are going to fly by but they will also be some of the busiest on record - Brian prepares for his new job as a civilian, we receive our household goods (HHG) this week, we register the kids for school & daycare and we finish planning Brian's retirement ceremony & party!
 
There you have it - a little catch up over the last week or so!

No comments: