Saturday, July 26, 2014

It's just not fair

Tonight's bedtime conversation with Marilyn:

Me: Grab your 'jammies & your Pull-Up and I'll help you put them on.
M: I don't want to wear a Pull-Up anymore - I want to wear underwear to bed just like Thomas & Abby.
Me: Sweetie, I want you to also but you need to try staying dry at night if you're going to wear underwear to bed.
M: I WILL!  I WILL!  I WILL!  It's just not fair that they get to but I don't. 

There you have it - life is not fair to a 3-year old because she has to wear a Pull-Up at night to stay dry so that her bed sheets and 'jammies don't get wet in the middle of the night. 

I'm clearly so unreasonable.  What was I thinking?  I must not be in the running for "Mom of the Year" anymore with this little stunt of mine.

No comments: