Saturday, May 3, 2014

Friday Night leftovers (the less than 60 days edition)

  • We are less than 60 days until we bug out of Alaska.  Crazy.  So much to do.  It's hitting me though that it really does mean we have to say goodbye to some good, good people that we have in our lives.
  • We are up to almost 16.5 hours of daylight up here in the Land of the Midnight Sun.  What that means for everyone down south is the sun rises up over the mountains at 5:45 AM and the sun dips down under the horizon at 10:15 PM.  The daylight & sunshine is simply amazing A.L.L. day long.
  • The spring, errr, summer weather has been beautiful over the last 2 weeks.  This weekend we are expecting highs near 70 degrees.  It's shorts, flip-flop and sunglass weather for sure!  Dare I say that the kids even have the beginnings of a tan at this point.
  • I'm pretty sure our weather is a good indication of global warming because this time last year, we were prepping for a late winter snow storm.  Crazy.
  • Speaking of super duper weather, Thomas & Abby are participating in a soccer camp this weekend hosted by my school's soccer team.  Can't wait to see my two little Cougar Kickers out on the pitch with the ball.
  • Thomas joined his school's spring running club this week and he really seems to be enjoying it.  Brian took advantage of his work's close proximity and joined in on the afternoon runs too.  It's super neat to hear about my two boys going on runs together!  Have I mentioned he is an awesome runner? I guess I know where he gets that from... and it ain't me.
  • Brian and I are still trying to wrap our heads around the fact that Marilyn will be turning 3 later this month.  How does this happen? 

No comments: