Saturday, May 17, 2014

Friday Night Leftovers (choas and craziness edition)

  • I'm not gonna lie, things are moving a million miles a minute as we wind down the school year as well as our time here in Alaska. Gheez.
  • On that same note, I feel like I'm running around with my hair on fire.  I feel like I'm in a constant state of chaos; sometimes controlled chaos, other times just out-of control chaos.  I wonder if this is all just in my head?
  • 45 days left.  Gheez.
  • Thomas has a loose tooth that is hanging on by threads... and he won't let anyone help him pull it out.  We're going on day 5 with a snaggle tooth.
  • Marilyn is no longer sleeping with the side safety rail on her twin size bed.  She's such a big girl.  However, last night she took it upon herself after we tucked her in for bed to turn off her fan & her music, turn on her flashlight, take off her NightTime PullUp and put on some underwear.  Hmm, does she think she is a big girl or what? (side note: this Mama put her PullUp back on because we are no where close to staying dry at night).
  • In the recent weeks, for one important reason or another, I have written numerous long, professional, diplomatic complaint/critical letters to many different organizations and/or people.  I'm exhausted mentally of writing and, of course, I'm so sick of people not doing their job right or taking responsibility for themselves  their actions.  This is to include school stuff, Air Force stuff, housing/property management stuff...Aughh!
  • I had a dream the other night that I was sitting at the beach, in my beach chair, sunscreen on, drink in my hand, kids playing down by the water, talking & laughing with my hubby... but the sand was snow... and it was cold.  Gheez!  Clearly the craziness is getting to me.
  • Abby only has 2 sessions left of speech therapy.  Abby only has 2 days of preschool left.  I'm speechless.  I'm sad & happy all mixed together.  This entire topic will have to wait for another day.
  • We are running in a 5K race tomorrow morning.  It's kid-friendly and focused around all the kids on base.  Abby told me she wants to run some of it next to me.  Marilyn, on the other hand, is completely OK with mooching a ride for all 3 miles in the running stroller.  Thomas will probably break away from me and beat me.  Did I mention that Brian is out of town on a fishing trip with his buddies?  Yep, I'm running the race.  Oh, and I haven't run in at least 2 weeks.  Crap.

No comments: