Friday, August 2, 2013

Friday Night Leftovers (the August edition)


Happy August Peeps!
  • This month is always exciting in our house because a lot is going on - birthdays, anniversaries and school starts. 
  • Holy Cow... school starts this month.  I better getting crack'in on the Back-To-School shopping.
  • Marilyn is a rock star when it comes to going to the potty.  I haven't bought diapers in quite awhile... she's a cute-little-underwear-wearing-cutie-pie.  The only time she isn't sportin' some undies is at night.
  • After enjoying a record breaking summer with warm temps, our Alaskan summer is slowing starting to fade.  We are down to only 17 hours of daylight (down from 20 hours in mid-June) and morning temperatures are now in the low- to mid-50s.  I'm fairly certain that autumn will be close behind.
  • Have I mentioned that the kids just fall into their beds at night & are practically drooling by the time their heads hit their pillows?
  • Marilyn is clearly in the Terrible Twos stage.  Every response with her usually starts with "No" and shortly thereafter is followed by a tantrum.
  • Thomas must be growing because he is eating as much as two 17-year old boys eat. 
  • I can't believe my Abbigail Grace is about to turn 4 years old in just a few days.  She, out of all 3 of them, seems to be growing up the fastest.  And it is Abbigail that I get the most emotional about - I'll save that long story for a post of its own.
  • The kids are heading to school with me tomorrow while Brian helps me decorate & hang lots of things in my office.  They are so excited to see where I am everyday & run the hallways.
  • There was a time long, LONG ago (before there was any thought of children) that my body required 9 hours of sleep each and every night.  I have no idea how it has adapted and overcome the enormous loss of sleep time since then because now, by some miracle, I function almost every single day on less than 6 hours of sleep.  Is that just the power of Mommyhood?
Have a great weekend & enjoy your loved ones!

No comments: