- Brian and I officially are registered for our first ever 1/2 Marathon! We will be running 13.1 miles in the Mayor's Cup here in Anchorage in June! Let the training begin... well, as soon as the snow melts & the temperature gets a touch warmer!
- Speaking of snow, earlier this week Mother Nature dumped upwards of 10" in just over a day on us. So much for Spring Break Up here in the great frontier.
- Abby came home from school this week with her first birthday party invite. It just so happens to be to a little boy she has the biggest crush on. Yes, she is 3.5 & talks about a certain little boy quite frequently. You should have heard Brian giving her the 3rd degree at the dinner table. I actually feel sorry for any boys she plans on dating when she is a teenager. They have no idea how many guns he has. I'm just say'in.
- And just like that... Thomas has now started closing the door (and locking it) to go to the bathroom and get dressed. Hmmh. What happened to my little boy?
- We are up to 13+ hours of daylight as we head into this Easter Weekend. Sunrise is around 7:30am and sunset is not until about 8:45pm. Whoop-Whoop! Bring on the summer and the midnight sun!
- I read a quote yesterday morning that, for several reasons, hit home to me. It's nothing earth shattering. It's nothing new. It's common sense. And most importantly, I like it. I like it a lot! "Good things come to those who
waitgo out & EARN it!"
- As I was getting dressed this morning, Abby told me that when she is 13, she will have huge boobies & need to wear a bra like me! After I picked myself up off the floor from laughing, I told her, "Good luck with those gigantic-sized 34Bs!"
- Abby is insistent on me giving her a "reason"on why she can't do something. I love that she won't settle for "because..." or "that's my decision" but my goodness, she is persistent & a bugger. Her exact words are always, "Mommy, what's your reason?" Adore. Her.