Friday, March 29, 2013

Friday Night Leftovers (back to the winter grind edition)


TGIF!
  • Brian and I officially are registered for our first ever 1/2 Marathon!  We will be running 13.1 miles in the Mayor's Cup here in Anchorage in June!  Let the training begin... well, as soon as the snow melts & the temperature gets a touch warmer!
  • Speaking of snow, earlier this week Mother Nature dumped upwards of 10" in just over a day on us.  So much for Spring Break Up here in the great frontier.
  • Abby came home from school this week with her first birthday party invite.  It just so happens to be to a little boy she has the biggest crush on.  Yes, she is 3.5 & talks about a certain little boy quite frequently.  You should have heard Brian giving her the 3rd degree at the dinner table.  I actually feel sorry for any boys she plans on dating when she is a teenager.  They have no idea how many guns he has.  I'm just say'in.
  • And just like that... Thomas has now started closing the door (and locking it) to go to the bathroom and get dressed.  Hmmh.  What happened to my little boy?
  • We are up to 13+ hours of daylight as we head into this Easter Weekend.  Sunrise is around 7:30am and sunset is not until about 8:45pm.  Whoop-Whoop!  Bring on the summer and the midnight sun!
  • I read a quote yesterday morning that, for several reasons, hit home to me.  It's nothing earth shattering.  It's nothing new.  It's common sense.  And most importantly, I like it.  I like it a lot!  "Good things come to those who wait go out & EARN it!"
  • As I was getting dressed this morning, Abby told me that when she is 13, she will have huge boobies & need to wear a bra like me!  After I picked myself up off the floor from laughing, I told her, "Good luck with those gigantic-sized 34Bs!"
  • Abby is insistent on me giving her a "reason"on why she can't do something.  I love that she won't settle for "because..." or "that's my decision" but my goodness, she is persistent & a bugger.  Her exact words are always, "Mommy, what's your reason?"  Adore. Her.



No comments: