Friday, March 1, 2013

Friday Night Leftovers (Turn of events edition)


TGIF.  Period.  Vacation starts in minus 2 days.
  • Marilyn is now the first up in the mornings.  This is a turn of events.  And I'm not sure why she feels the need to start her day the moment I sit down to have my first sip of coffee?
  • Sleeping in on the weekends has taken on a welcomed change... often times its not until 7 or even 7:30 before our wild crew wakes up.  Even Marilyn got the memo about sleeping in on the weekends. This too is a turn of events.  More sleep for them = more sleep for Mommy & Daddy.
  • Marilyn has a new found attraction to Elmo & his friend, Mr. Noodle.  She wants it on in the morning, afternoon and when we ride in the car.  Not that she gets to watch it all of those times, but if given the choice, that's all she wants.  I hate to say this but... Elmo is driving me crazy!
  • With this week's news about Brian's promotion, things are certainly not black & white when it comes to the next step with the Air Force.  Matter of fact, they just got complicated.  The only thing clear is that we have chosen not to retire after all.
  • Call me crazy.  Call me loony.  But I like to go on vacation knowing my house is clean & organized so that when I return exhausted from the trip... my house is like a set of cozy, open arms just welcoming me home!  Guess what I've been doing all Friday morning?
  • Speaking of vacation, I'm really hoping that the kids sleep for at least part of our cross continent trip.  Red-eye flight.  3 different airplanes, 2 layovers.  10.5 hours of traveling + airport time.  Final destination = 3 hour time difference.  Please say an extra prayer for this traveling Mama.  Good news though is Daddy is on hand to help manage any travel chaos!
  • And because I have random {and not-so-random} pictures left from the week... enjoy:








 







No comments: