Monday, April 11, 2011

"I.B. surprised!"

Mondays are typical crazy days.
Getting going after the weekends; the day starting at the butt crack of dawn; not to mention the teaching part.
But I have to say that I am a truely blessed teacher.
I have fantastic students.
Even my baby freshmen are great kids (and who every admits that young teenagers are "great"?)

But I have to give my seniors some serious kudos.
They rock!
Here is a group of students who I first had back when they were little freshmen (14/15 yrs old) and now they are ready to head off to college (17/18 years old).  I feel like I have a really good relationship with each and everyone of them.  I hope they feel the same about me.
As I said, "they rock!"
Today, in the midst of a crazy Monday... they managed to have a surprise baby shower for me during the last class period of the day.  I can't believe I didn't see it coming?  They definately had some inside help from some fellow teachers, but in large, they handled it all themselves.  Down to the cakes that were handmade and personalized to fit the occasion!

I.B. Pregnant
:)
(stand for "International Baccalaurate" program... my seniors are in this advanced program)
 The surprise!
There was a 2nd and 3rd cake too...
A fellow IB teacher, Dave D. & his wife just welcomed their first child (arriving 5 weeks early) and so the party was to celebrate the birth of Kai Adams, in addition to Baby Heck #3!

 Dodson & Heck
at our IB baby shower surprise!
To all of my 2011 seniors... thank you for the memories over the last 4 years;
thank you for the love you have always shown me;
thank you for today - a surprise no doubt;
You will all certainly be missed!

No comments: