Sunday, May 31, 2009

Baby Girl Showers

Mommy Blog - For the record, I didn't want to have a baby shower for this second baby. I actually fought the idea, but I lost in the end. I guess I didn't feel the need AND don't they always say that once you have had one - you're on your own for any additional babies? All in one week, I was given 2 baby showers. The first one was on Tuesday and it happened to be in conjuction with our end-of-the-year party for our Juniors (Class of 2010 officers). Those of you who remember and follow the blog, I am a co-sponsor with my girlfriend Kendra and we have added another musketeer, Jeannie! Anyway... Kendra just got married to Andrew (she is now an AF wife also) and they are moving to Japan this summer. So, at the end of the party, the kids threw us a joint Wedding/Baby shower to celebrate. Can you believe teenagers are this thoughtful? Well, we have the most amazing kids and are priviledged to work with them everyday! Anyway... here are some pics...

Jeannie, me and Kendra just chatting it up
Reading our "thank you" cards from the kids
Surprise!!!!!! A joint shower cake...
Our amazing Class of 2010 officers
Is this not the most precious thing in the world? It was delicious also...
Me, Emily (class President) and Kendra
Saying goodbye - As a former military brat and now a military wife, I still have not gotten used to saying goodbye to all of the friends I meet along the way. Saying goodbye to Kendra, who has been an amazing friend and crazy side-kick to work with, is no easier. Now that she has joined Jeannie and I in the life of a military wife, I wish her all the best and have reminded her to have fun wherever the AF sends them. Love you girl!
The 2nd baby shower was Friday and was hosted by my girlfriends in the Social Studies department. What a special treat it was to visit with so many of my friends outside of classrooms and celebrate this new baby girl that will be joining us soon!

No comments: