Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday Night Leftovers (Game Plan Version)

TGIF folks!  Sorry about the lack of blogging this week... reality was kicking my butt and when that happens, my blog usually has to take a back seat.  Hopefully the weekend will allow for a reprieve and I can post some stories and pictures!  So meanwhile... on to the leftovers:
  • Tonight begins a new Heck game plan - one that will hopefully change the current "sleep" phase that our son is going through.  Going on a month, Thomas has slipped into our room and made himself a little bed on my floor each and every night.  While this seems harmless, I want him sleeping in his bed.  Period.  Tonight begins "Dino-Dragon Operation"!  More to come on this... we will see how night #1 works out.  Fingers crossed!
  • Abbigail's hair seems to be calming down and is looking less-and-less like a southern man's mullet haircut.  I guess it just needed a little time to grow out and show it's true curls.  Now if it would just grow a little bit more so I could use barretts or put ponytails in her hair.
  • As our government can't decide what to do over a budget, health care, and our involvement in Middle East problems... the impending government shut-down looms.  I am fully aware of the fact that military and federal personnel may or may not get paid on time (notice has already been handed down today that starting tomorrow, active duty military will NOT be paid).  Yeap... that is right, the people who protect our nation will not earn a paycheck until the DC idiots pull their head out of their a*s.  Sorry... get a little worked up when your husband is one of those who serve the nation's call to duty!
  • This weekend begins a top priority project in Casa de Heck... convert the home office to the baby's room.  Granted we will only start doing it with packing things up, but hopefully in a very short time we will be ready to get some fresh paint on the walls and move in some baby furniture.
  • Speaking of baby furniture, I'm just NOT ready for Abbigail to be done with her crib or even her rocker.  I need to do some serious thinking on this issue... the baby will be here in a few short weeks.
  • Tomorrow is Thomas' last soccer game.  We have finally reached the point where he WANTs to play in the game.  The whole game.  I guess it just took time.  Now if we could get him to just kick the ball in the right direction towards his team's goal. :)  It's all good though... this soccer mama is proud no doubt!

1 comment:

Danifred said...

I can't believe it's almost time for that sweet baby to arrive. But, then again, I'm not the one carrying her around :) I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!