Friday, April 22, 2011

Friday Night Leftovers (The Easter Bunny is almost here version)

Happy Almost-Easter everyone...
  • I'm starting to think that Friday is my favorite day of the week.  Not because its the end of the work/school week, but rather because on Friday nights we LOVE staying home, cooking, relaxing, enjoying each other without thinking about the rush of getting the kids to bed at a certain time or prepping for the next morning.  Friday nights in our house have become a very laid back, peaceful night and it becomes a fantastic start to a weekend!  So... cheers everyone... TGIF!
  • On a completely different note... my valuable, precious, not-so-abundant time was completely wasted this week when I had two different scheduled appointments (VW dealer and the OB doctor) where nothing was accomplished.  I hate when my time is wasted and I could have been doing stuff on my never-ending list of things to do.
  • My hubby and I are super excited about the next Heck Household project getting accomplished.  This one has been in the works for years now (although only in our heads), but its already about 1/3 of the way done and it looks incredible.  Guesses?  Brian is building our outdoor patio (made of brick pavers) off of our covered porch in the backyard.  He created an amazing design and has already laid them out for my visual needs.  He is starting to prep the ground this weekend and I'm fairly sure that we will be ready to move our patio table set our there in the next week or so...
  • Thomas has stalled on the sticker scene.  We earned 4 total, but haven't earned for sleeping all night in his bed any since Monday.  Heres hoping for a better weekend and more stickers.
  • I'm in my final week of my current M.Ed class.  Can I get an Amen?  This is the last class that I'm taking until October due to the impending arrival of Marilyn Jane and our cross country "overseas" move up to Alaska.  Too much chaos to add M.Ed stress to.
  • Still need to clean out our home office so that it can become the baby's room.  Although it is at the top of my "To Do" list, it may just have to wait until next week when my M.Ed is done.  Hope the baby doesn't want to come early.  Fingers crossed.
  • Thomas & Abby are getting antsy about the Easter Bunny coming this weekend.  The house is decorated.  They have each been on two Easter Egg Hunts (last Sunday and then at school).  They absolutely know that there is candy/treats that go along with this fun holiday.  Enough said.  They can't wait until Sunday morning...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hooray for a new patio! I love being outdoors!

Hoping Marilyn Jane holds off until you can get everything ready!

Danifred said...

Horray for the end of the semester. It's my favorite time (and the one that makes me laziest) Can't wait to see pictures of the new patio. Much love my friend! Happy Easter!