Friday, October 14, 2011

Friday Night Leftovers (School is in Session edition)

Hi Friday!  Hi Folks!
  • So I no longer feel like a "free" woman.  My next class for my M.Ed has started and any "free" time that I did have is now gone.  Hello late nights, researching, writing and editing all for the sake of higher education.  Hello School.
  • Thomas has come up with some very interesting questions this week for me and I have no idea what has prompted them.  Case in point - "What is a burb? Do mosquitoes sleep at night?" just to name a few.  I'm really hoping this does not lead to "Where do babies come from?"  I'm just not ready to take on that conversation yet.
  • The weather forecasters LIED about snow last weekend... there was none.  In actuality, that is "A OK" because I still do not have a snow suit for Thomas.  Mother Nature must be on my side for once.
  • We decided to sign Abby up for another session of tumbling class because she is enjoying it so much.
  • Me & the kids are riding solo starting last night for a few days while Daddy is off pulling some pretty long days & nights with "work" stuff.
  • I'm a little anxious for Marilyn's next check-up at this end of this month... I can't imagine how much she has gained.  To me she is heavier than 2 sacks of potatoes and she isn't even 5 months old.
  • I'm also anxious (but not nervous) for my screening interview with the school district at the end of this month.  Not that I'm trying to land a job next month teaching, but I will certainly entertain the idea of going back at semester time (if offered) although next school year is for certain.  I'm even considering applying to a very successful Christian School for a teaching position.  Maybe then God will forgive my lack of church attendance on Sunday mornings...
  • I just got word from one of the grandmas that peanut farmers had a rough, hot summer and the crops didn't do too well.  This in turn will be leading to a HUGE price increase in peanut butter.  We will be stocking up for sure in our house.
  • With Halloween fast approaching, I'm a bit worried about how much candy I'm going to need for the big night.  In Florida, I was lucky to hand out a total of 10 pieces of candy.  Usually all the leftovers were brought to school for my students the following day to enjoy.  However, rumor has it that here each house will hand out a 1/2 ton pickup worth of candy on Halloween night.  I don't doubt it with all the kids living in our neighborhood.  Do you think I would be a bad neighbor if I just turned out my porch light to save some money?  Jeez....
  • Speaking of Halloween, we need a pumpkin.  However, I was not thinking straight when I thought I could wait until October to plan a pumpkin "picking" trip for us this year.  October = freezing and all the Fall Festivals happen in September.  Apparently October is already winter time, whereas September is the one "Fall" month.  Note to self for next year.
Have a great weekend peeps!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Good luck with your screening interview and have a wonderful Halloween.

Danifred said...

I'm sure you will rock your screening interview! I can't wait to see pictures of Halloween in that Alaska weather. Hopefully, you won't be trick or treating in the snow.