Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Dear Abby

Dear Abby,
I realize that you think that playing ALL day would be grand.  I realize that you think you know better than me some most all of the time, however I must remind you that you are two years old.  JUST TWO.  And because you are just two, you need a nap.  Yes, you need to rest.  If you would just quit fighting me on this, things would  be so much better after lunch time.  The crying is because you are exhausted.  The tantrum is because you are tired.  Don't try and bring Thomas into your nap-refusing-game either.  He is going to sell you out if you keep sneeking into his room.  I don't care at this point if you grab a book and read; I don't mind if you just lay with your babies and talk.  However, I do care that you are not a ridiculous mess by dinner time AND just as important... that I get some quiet time, relax time and decompress time too.

Please listen to me.
Because I know you certainly won't be listening when you are teenager.

I love you,
Your Mommy

No comments: