Saturday, October 8, 2011

Arctic Bazarre finds and organization

Last Saturday I went to the Annual Arctic Bizarre here on base (lots of crafts, pottery, local art, Alaska goods, etc) and walked away with a few gifts for loved ones AND the most adorable (and super cool) capes for Thomas & Abby.  I just couldn't help myself when I saw them and there was no way that I was going to be able to wait until Christmas to give it to them.
 They were so excited when they realized what they were.
This is Super Princess Girl...
This is Batman's young sidekick

And before I knew it, they were flying off to save the day!
And then there were a few things that I just couldn't help getting for our house...
Americana cinnamon apple scented trivet (which my coffee cup sits nicely on in the wee hours of the morning).
And something a little more sentimental to our family...
Thought I would include a few pictures of what the kids have been up to lately also...
Marilyn's finally joining us at the table for meals in her new space saver highchair!
We have just about worked our way up to rice cereal 3x a day and are readying ourselves for vegetables by next weekend.
My 3 Amigos
Sisterly Love!
Can you see how interested Marilyn is in what Abby is doing and saying?  It is precious how much Abby shows her love to her sister and how much Marilyn is transfixed on what Abby does around her.
And to all you worry-warts... no, Abby is not squishing Marilyn... only loving on her.
And on a totally different note, the organization in the big family room downstairs is starting to take shape and finally have some order to it.  Thanks to a new shelf and new labeled buckets... I now know up from down and everyone is having an easier time with clean-up time altogether.

Not sure if this is the final resting place for all of the toys (because I haven't even found a place for all the puzzles that Thomas loves to do), but it definitely feels comfortable down here.  The walls are still bare (although we have plenty to hang) and the windows still are naked too (only white blinds)... but I'm quite sure that there will be color in the near future.  Thomas is sitting in the TV area (and yes, we are utilizing our outdoor furniture here for the time being) and then in the left hand side you see our tall kitchen table which we are using as our work space with printer.  It is still not totally set up but it will be soon and I will be down here for all of my school work which is about to begin this next week.  Finally, tucked just beyond the work table is the open area laundry room which is still housing a few toys & the puzzles. 
Here is Abby doing her thing at tumbling class (complete with piggy tails).
If she has learned anything at all in the last few weeks it is to jump (from almost everything and everywhere) and to swing from the bars.  She loves to do both!

PS... I'm happy to report that this Mama is almost fully equipped with winter gear thanks to a much needed shopping trip today.  New winter/snow jacket, snow pants, new snow gloves and a hat.  Only thing now is my boots... one for my everyday running around town in the cold & snow and another, warmer pair for sledding, skiing and anything else that will keep us outside for long periods of time.  Ya got to have warms tootsie pops!

No comments: