Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Hello Autumn, campers, rain & our baby girl

We are back from our blogging hiatus.  I can't say that the house is totally unpacked or completely organized (really... will it ever be?), but it is a lot better and I have gotten rid of a ton of things (clothes, toys, etc) that no longer have a use with us.  Can I get an Amen?  Seriously.

Over the last few weeks, the weather has certainly changed from Alaska summer temps to full on autumn beauty & chilly temps.  Whether it is cloudy & rainy or breezy & sunny, I think the weather has been fantastic and we are all loving it.  Lows in the morning around the mid-40s and highs between mid-50s and 60 degrees... hello autumn!


 Brian and I have been talking about going camping with the kids (probably won't happen until late spring) and they have seem a bit excited about it.  So... I decided to bust out the play tent (complete with tunnel) that I have had tucked away forever and Thomas' camping backpack (that was a xmas gift from a very smart grandma) and the kids went to town with their own camping experience.  So much so that Thomas is now bugging me to let him sleep in it (either nap time or at night).  Oh Lordy... what have I done to myself?  But believe it or not, I'm tempted to let him and see how he does.  I figured he is going to either love it or be scared to death. 
 Even Abby is loving it!
Usually packed in the tent/tunnel are all their pillows, babies, stuffed animals and blankets.  Hardly any room I'm sure to move around, yet they have been having a great time.

As I mentioned before, rain is now part of our weekly weather.  Monday was a "run" day and I decided that I didn't want the weather to ruin it.  After the girls and I dropped Thomas off at preschool, we got prepped and ready (complete with stroller rain protector) and hit the road for a 3 mile run.  Both girls were cozy and dry and Mommy was soaked... but it felt great!
One of my running partners was so cozy... she fell fast asleep.
This last week, we started our "fieldtrips" to the library and after listening to story time, Thomas & Abby created these colorful autumn trees.  They are so cute that I have them as my table center piece.
 
And in honor of college football (and Aunt Jen & Uncle Ash's FSU)...
Go 'Noles!

No comments: