Friday, September 16, 2011

Friday Night Leftovers (naps & consignment edition)

TGIF Peeps!
  • Those of you who have young children who still take naps can appreciate this - If all of your little ones are sleeping at the same time, it is a heavenly peaceful (and often times productive) naptime for the Mama.  However, if even just one is not sleeping you might as well just have all of them up and running around.  To me naptime is essential... especially for this Mommy.
  • With that said, nap time is still in full swing in my house, however for Thomas it has now become "Rest or Read" time in his room.  He just is getting to the point where he just doesn't always need one.  OK by me because he still is good about staying in his room and keeping himself busy but quiet.
  • Why is it that in Florida when the temp was 45 degrees we were dressed in winter coats while here in Alaska, everyone has a light jacket on in the mornings (the Hecks included)?  Strange.
  • I feel like Marilyn has gained 5 lbs in the last 2 weeks since her checkup.  She is getting BIG.
  • Thomas seems to enjoy his preschool class each day.  The jury is still out on what his Mama thinks.  I guess in large that is because of two things: 1) my first few impressions were not good and thus I'm holding a grudge of sorts; 2) his old school back in Florida set the bar pretty high with teachers, curriculum & not to mention feedback daily and/or weekly.  Time will tell though.
  • I've been thinking about signing up for my first Alaska race (probably just a 5K) to run in before the snow gets here next month.  Although snow running might prove humorous.
  • Visited an awesome kids consignment store in town this week to look for winter jackets, snow suits & boots... it was incredible.
  • It was so incredible, that I went back with a ton of our things to consign (they buy it out right, cash or store credit offering you more) AND then turned around and spent all of my store credit on things for each of the kids.  Did I mention it was awesome?  I can see that becoming an addiction.
OK... I hear my troops starting to rise from naptime.  Hoping one of the two days this weekend will offer us some decent weather so that we can go on a hike in some of the nearby mountain trails.  If we don't do it soon, we will have to wait until well after winter, even possibly late spring.  Fingers crossed.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Here from FNL @Danifred's...We've hit consignment stores recently too and I've been loving it. One of my fave new outfits is from the consignment store and top and jeans together cost less than $15.

Danifred said...

So glad everything seems to be settling for you. Love seeing all the scenery and the moose! I can't believe you're already at the 40 - 50 degree mark up there.