Friday, September 30, 2011

Friday Night Leftovers (winter is coming edition)

TGIF peeps on this last Friday in September.  I don't know about you but autumn is in FULL affect up here and winter is not far away at all!
  • I'm thanking the good Lord that I have auto-start on my car with these cold Alaskan morning temps - a double click of a button from my kitchen window and my car is started, warming up and nice & cozy when the kids and I leave in the AM!
  • Trying to think of the coming weeks ahead, I went ahead and bought several containers of stage 1 baby food for Marilyn.  Oh my... let the fun of food begin.
  • It is sad what my middle of the week wardrobe has turned into - black running pants, running shoes and a sweatshirt of some sort.  And its not always because I'm working out or running... its just easy & comfortable.  I call it "dressing up" on the weekends when I put on my jeans/khakis and comfy brown shoes.
  • The Hecks now have one of our vehicles outfitted with snow tires... bring on the SNOW (which I am told will be here in the next 3 weeks)!
  • I'm not sure when the screaming, arguing, snatching, pushing, pinching, & biting between brother & sister will end?  Please don't tell me that I have to wait until they are 18 respectively.
  • I know I didn't do any kind of update ("more to come") on Abbigail's speech evaluation like I said I would last week... but I do promise to do one this week.  The short story is she is going for a second evaluation (with a different pediatric therapist) next Friday and then will begin weekly sessions the following week with her.  Although she is already making some positive and forward steps with her verbal communication, she is still quite behind where she should be as a 26-month old.  Fingers crossed though that she is on the cusp and words will start flowing soon!
OK... that is it for here.  I smell stinky diapers from my youngest and she has drool from one end of her big gummy smile to the other.  Enjoy your weekend friends.

1 comment:

Danifred said...

I can't believe snow is headed your way already. Wow.

In our house, as soon as Bean became mobile and started talking, the fighting started. It hasn't ended yet. *sigh*