Wednesday, September 21, 2011

stairs


When you  live in a one-floor Florida home, stairs kinda sound appealing.  In the back of my head, I was always thinking, we should live in a house that has stairs so that my kids will know how to use them when the time comes.   So that they can have fun running up and down them.  So that they can slide down the stairs like I did when I was a kid.  So that they will have somewhere distinct to sit on Christmas mornings (until Mom & Dad said it was time to go see what Santa brought).  Stairs would be fun to have.  Or so I thought.

Fast forward to now.
I'm starting to hate stairs.  Don't get me wrong... I'm sure my butt & legs are getting one of the best workouts I've ever put them through in my entire 37 year life... however, it really is insane how many times I go walk RUN up my stairs daily hourly in what seems like every few minutes.
Sometimes I'm shooing kids down the stairs; sometimes I'm running back up to get something I forgot.
Much of the time, Marilyn is in my arms (in addition to 2, 3 or even 5 other things).
Often times I drop something along the way which then requires a squat to pick it up (don't forget about all the crap that I already have in my hand + child).
In addition to my "workout," the kids have had their own incidents - 2 falls down the stairs, 3 different nights of little ones falling asleep on the stairs, dropped snacks, spilled drinks and toys left behind for Mommy & Daddy to step on.
Don't even get me started on vacuuming stairs!!!  %*&@
Stairs.
I'm not sure I really like them so much anymore.
A one-flat-horizontal-floored house is not such a bad idea anymore.

No comments: