Monday, March 8, 2010

White Nubs

This is actually old news (by about 2.5 weeks), but this is my first chance to include a picture so I figured this was a good time to announce that Abby is ready for her first steak dinner. Yeap... she has two white little nubs (they are sharp little suckers) that have finally emerged. Although a goofy picture, you can see one of them here as she is laughing and smiling. Maybe a Filet Mignon is a little premature, but it won't be long until Abby will be ready for table food. Oh No!

On Saturday, me and Abby had an "All-Girls" day while Thomas spent some quality time with Grannie and Grandpop. He enjoyed a homemade breakfast of mini-pancakes, a trip to the Flea Market with his wagon to buy fresh fruit and look at all the good "junk" and then play with all his favorite toys over at their house. He was gone from 7:30AM to 3:30pm... all day in my eyes. Meanwhile, it was just the girls hanging out together, doing some grocery shopping and getting some exercise in with the running stroller and Zig. It really is hard to remember how easy things are with one child... how did I ever complain about things when it was only Thomas? Although the day seemed to be a breeze, I wouldn't trade my two for a million dollars. BUT... I sure did enjoy a different kind of day. Here we are playing outside and getting some fresh air.

On Sunday, Thomas and I got our own 1-on-1 time while Abby took an extra long nap... we had a lunch date outside because the weather was beautiful and warm! One thing led to another and Thomas and I were racing all around the back yard and seeing who was the fastest... he won (everytime) and it was so fun.
My superman got pretty brave also and started jumping from the top of his slide. He thought it was hilarious... so be sure to check out the video clip at the end.

Once Abby woke, she got to enjoy her lunch outside too... I think she may have even got alittle sun on her white tootsies. As with almost all things, Thomas got busy with his choo-choo trains while Abby finished up lunch. Notice the BIG MESS of dead grass that he wanted to add to his train tracks. Aauuughhh!
Video Clip - My brave Superman jumping from enormous heights and loving every minute. Brian and I have been talking about buying a playground (swings, slide, climbing tower, etc) for Thomas' birthday because he needs as much as possible to burn off his energy that he has... he is nonstop. We are also kicking around the idea of soccer this fall with the YMCA. Ha-ha! 3 year old soccer at its best is so fun. Back in my soccer days, coaching summer camps with the famous Jim Kane included little kids as young as Thomas... hilarious!

No comments: